Monday 14 February 2011

Cinnamon pancakes




























Good morning! Oh and I just remembered, Happy Valentines day! ... I don't really celebrate it though or support it... I mean I don't know anything about its origins, and who does? I just feel that it is so commercial and another way for chocolate companies to make money! Plus shouldn't we love our family, partners and friends everyday? So instead of buying chocolate for your loved ones, treat them the same as a any other day, with love and care. 

On to my recipe, I woke up at 6am today and felt like experimenting in the kitchen so I conjured up this new pancake recipe. I normally make almond flour pancakes but this time I tried adding quinoa flour and apple puree, which turned out great. The pancakes are light and fluffy but not too grainy or sloppy. The cinnamon and apple gives them flavour, but a drizzle of maple syrup goes perfectly.

Gluten, dairy and soy free cinnamon pancakes.
Serves about 2 - 3 people

1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup quinoa flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon (I ran out of cinnamon so I had to use about 3/4 tsp but 1 tsp would be more delicious)
1 egg
1/2 cup almond milk
4 tbsp apple puree

1. Combine flours, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour. Crack an egg into the well and gradually add the almond milk, whisking constantly until all the almond milk has been added and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the apple puree.
3. Heat a pan over low-medium heat. Pour the batter on to pan to make pancakes with about 10cm/4inches diameter.
4. When the pancakes have set and the bubbles have popped on the surface, flip them over and cook the other side. Be careful not to burn them as they will colour quite fast.
5. Serve with your choice of toppings.


With love,
Teenie Foodie

2 comments:

  1. O.M.G, I can't believe you're 14!! I know it says 'Teenie Foodie' but I thought 19...

    You are so clever! I wish I'd been like you when I was 14.

    Pig x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pancakes look so lovely & tasty too!

    I must make them tomorrow! You are a great cook, so young too!!

    Many greets from a gf foodie from Brussels, Belgium!!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete