Saturday 12 March 2011

The Best Banana Bread


Finally I have found a delicious banana bread recipe! The amount of times that I have made ones which turn out bland, or mushy or burnt... I had almost given up, when I came across this really simple recipe on the Book of Yum blog. I changed it a little to suit my taste and pantry, and halved the portion to make a small loaf. It makes a wonderful afternoon treat with a dollop of soy yoghurt, although it's moist enough to eat on it's own. Anyway just a short post, I'm having a lovely lazy Saturday but I wanted to quickly share this with you. Have wonderful weekend!


Banana Bread - gluten, dairy and refined sugar free

1 cup rice flour (I use a store bought blend of brown and white rice flour)
1/2 + 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
a good pinch of salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 + 1/4 cup very ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 small bananas)
1/4 cup rapeseed oil

1. Preheat oven 180C/350F. Grease a small-medium loaf pan and set aside.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl, mix together the remaining wet ingredients. 
4. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the wet mixture. Fold in the flour into the wet mixture until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the surface.
5. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack and slice.

With love,
Teenie Foodie

3 comments:

  1. Your gf banana bread looks utterly tasty & apart!!

    I also love this blog a lot! tasty pictures too,...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A banana with a glass of cold juice,,,eating time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Banana bread is my favourite of all time and this recipe sounds fantastic, and looks just as good! Can't wait to give it a try mmm :) - Cathy Pieroz at Ray White Alexandra Hills

    ReplyDelete