Monday 3 January 2011

Stuffed Peppers



























I love the tofu bolognese recipe, but I was a little bored of having it plain and I needed to finish the last few portions from the freezer so I decided to spruce it up a little... Stuffed peppers!
I used to hate peppers when I was younger but recently I have been developing a liking for them, especially red bell peppers. Not only are they sweet and delicious but they are full of nutrition too! Peppers are high in vitamins C and A and are good sources of vitamin B6, along with some manganese, folate and potassium.

Stuffed Peppers - Serves 2

2 red bell peppers/capsicums, washed
2 portions of tofu bolognese

Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
Slice the top of the pepper off like a lid so that you are left with a 'cup' and its lid. Scoop out the seeds and the pith and fill with the tofu bolognese until it is full. Replace the lid. Spread the remaining bolognese (if any) in a roasting tin, place the peppers on top and bake for about 35-40 minutes until the peppers have softened.

With Love,

Teenie Foodie

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good! I'm a big fan of stuffed peppers!

    ReplyDelete